- I'm broke and I don't feel good about myself and I can't find a job not bartending so I should drink.
- The only job I could really do is bartending, so I should drink.
- Even though AA has given me some unbelievable, incredible experiences I should do the very thing which will make me feel more distant from it and make my head noisier and give me a lot of reasons to pull away -- from believing people are judging me to feeling guilty and/or embarrassed.
- I don't like anyone here -- there is absolutely no one around who measures up to my standards of how they should behave, so I'm going to drink.
- There are people around that I used to drink with, so I'm going to drink.
- I have problems, so what I'm going to do is try to forget them for a little while by creating another problem -- I'm going to drink.
If you were sober in AA and if you had a child and (God forbid) something terrible happened to your child, you would be out of your mind with rage or grief or sorrow. But that wouldn't mean AA had let you down. Of course you would feel that way in response to such a thing.